Butterfly Brilliance - Colour Combo Blog Hop

Hello and welcome to another Colour Combo Blog Hop.  If you have hopped over from Nigezza Creates or are joining the hop here with me, we have another fabulous colour combo this month!

Craftyduckydoodah, Stampin' Up, Butterfly Brilliance, Colour Combo Blog Hop,

I decided to use one of my favourite bundles for my project - Butterfly Brilliance.

Craftyduckydoodah, Stampin' Up, Butterfly Brilliance, Colour Combo Blog Hop,

I am using this lovely bundle a lot, in fact I used for my project for the colour combo blog hop last month too!

Here is my project:

Craftyduckydoodah, Stampin' Up, Butterfly Brilliance, Colour Combo Blog Hop,

You will need:

14.5 cm x 21 cm Basic White Thick (BWT) scored at 10.5 cm

10 cm x 14 cm BWT

10 cm x 3 cm BWT

Basic Black for die cutting

The background:

I always use my embossing buddy before heat embossing.  The butterflies have been stamped with Versamark ink and then heat embossed with white embossing powder.

Craftyduckydoodah, Stampin' Up, Butterfly Brilliance, Colour Combo Blog Hop,

I then used my blending brushes to add the colour combo ink colours.    Cherry Cobbler is an intense colour so I dabbed it off (a lot) before blending as I did not want it to overpower the other combo colours. I love how the three colours have merged in areas to create new colours.

Craftyduckydoodah, Stampin' Up, Butterfly Brilliance, Colour Combo Blog Hop,

Top Tip #1

I dab ink from my blending brushes onto one of my Stamparatus plates.  This way you don't waste the ink.  So, instead of dabbing the brush in the ink pad to re ink, you dab the Stamparatus plate instead.

Top Tip #2

Once you are happy with the inked panel, take a piece of tissue and rub over the embossed butterflies.  Doing this will remove any ink from the embossed images and brighten up the white embossing.

The diecutting:

I cut out five different butterflies using black card stock.

To assemble:

Adhere the embossed panel to the front of the card using dimensionals.  

The sentiment:

I stamped the sentiment (from a stamp set called So Much Happy) with Memento ink and then adhered the panel across the front of my card with dimensionals.

Craftyduckydoodah, Stampin' Up, Butterfly Brilliance, Colour Combo Blog Hop,

Curl and shape the wings of the butterflies and adhere to the card front using dabs of Tombow on just the body of each butterfly.  I then added a trio of gems using 3 different sizes to accent the centre of each butterfly.

The inside/envelope:

I used the remaining die cut butterflies to decorate the inside of the card and the envelope flap adhering them with dabs of Tombow.

Craftyduckydoodah, Stampin' Up, Butterfly Brilliance, Colour Combo Blog Hop,

Unusually for me, I even added some jewels on the inside of my project - I must have been feeling extravagant!

The completed card and envelope:

I was a little worried when I saw the colour combo and was quite pleased that I managed to tone down the Cherry Cobbler ink.  This pretty card would look lovely in lots of different colour combos too.

Craftyduckydoodah, Stampin' Up, Butterfly Brilliance, Colour Combo Blog Hop,

I do like the challenge of a colour combo - I would not have put these colours together but I am quite pleased with the result!

Next up is Angela Köber who has another great colour combo project to share with us.


Thanks for hopping along with us, don't forget to leave us comments to let us know what you think of our projects!

Susan xx

Thank you so much for looking at my Blog today.  Unfortunately I am no longer a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator.  SU regulations are very strict; I have to wait 3 whole months before I can rejoin again. 

If you need to order any supplies, just let me know and I will put you in touch with my crafty friend who kindly agreed to look after my lovely customers until I can become a demonstrator again.

If you would like a copy of either of the current Annual Catalogue or the current Mini Catalogue let me know and I will arrange for one to be popped in the post for you.  The new Annual Catalogue will also be available soon, let me know if you would like my friend to send you a copy.

Product List
Butterfly Brilliance Bundle
£51.25
So Much Happy Cling Stamp Set (English)
£20.00
Basic White A4 Thick Cardstock
£7.75
Basic Black A4 Card Stock
£8.25
Embossing Buddy
103083
£5.50
Versamark Pad
£8.75
White Stampin' Emboss Powder
£5.50
Heat Tool - Uk Plug
£28.00
Blending Brushes
£11.25
Cherry Cobbler Classic Stampin' Pad
£7.00
Old Olive Classic Stampin' Pad
£7.00
So Saffron Classic Stampin' Pad
£7.00
Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad
£5.50
Basic White C6 Envelopes
£7.00
Rhinestone Basic Jewels
£4.75
Multipurpose Liquid Glue
£3.75
Mini Stampin' Dimensionals
£3.75
Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine
£112.00

Comments

  1. Absolutely stunning. So striking xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Susan,
    Your card is really great !!! Thank you very much for the inspiration.
    Many greetings from Leipzig.
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous card I really must play with my set

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Susan, love the embossed resist background x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mo, I do love heat embossing even after all these years! xx

      Delete
  5. Beautiful card Sue. Thanks for the tip about the Stamparatus plate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card & great tips :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts