Crafting For Christmas


Hello, here at last are the details for my Crafting For Christmas Event being held on Saturday the 2nd October.

The event is being held at the beautiful All Saint's Church by the river in Hartford.  For those of you who haven't been before, the postcode is PE29 1YF.  

Our day will start at 10 am and finish around 4pm but if you need to leave early let me know and we will come up with a plan to enable you to finish your projects at home or with me at a later date.

Event fee: £16.50 this includes refreshments, cake and lunch which will be provided again by the lovely Rica from Pinnies Cafe.  Please let me know if you have any dietary requirements when you book.

You will also receive a ticket for a lucky dip featuring crafty goodies (of course!) and there will be fun and games with prizes and special offers throughout the day.

Bring a friend who has not crafted with me before and you will both receive an additional lucky dip ticket!

This event is always popular and I know many of you have been patiently waiting to craft together again.

Secure your place by paying the event fee and then choose and pay for your preferred projects as soon as possible.

Stamp A Stack - £35

Craftyduckydoodah!, Stampin' Up!, Christmas Craft Event 2021

Create 20 cards for Christmas in a variety of styles, all cut and prepped for you and with envelopes too.  You will make four each of five designs.  The more observant amongst you will spot that there are six snapshot cards above.  This is because the Knit Sweater Dies are a bit tricky to die cut.  I think it is worth the effort and would make a great card for men or teenagers.  However, if you prefer there is an alternative card, shown on the top left - just let me know when you book.

You will also receive a full pack of Subtle Shimmer Sequins valued at £6 as you will be using lots of these little sparkles on your projects.

Craftyduckydoodah!, Stampin' Up!, Christmas Craft Event 2021

Projects are achievable by all levels of crafters - even absolute beginners!  There will be a choice of sentiments available for you to choose from and, if you wish within the limits of your kit, you can go off piste!!

MDF Frame - £8.50

We will  be painting, inking and adhering paper (if you want to) to create a home decor piece either as a gift or to keep for yourself if you can't bear to part with it.  The frame measures 11.5 cm x 11.5 cm.

Here is my frame shown as a work in progress - hopefully I will find time to finish it soon, I have a plan in mind and I will share details as I go along!  I actually have two of these frames as works in progress - the other has the mdf as it is, no paint or paper ....

Craftyduckydoodah!, Stampin' Up!, Christmas Craft Event 2021

I will bring a selection of Christmas papers with me but please feel free to bring your own if you have a colour preference or a particular favourite.  From experience, paper without foiling will be much easier and won't require the use of a hammer!  

Once decorated, you will be able to choose from a selection of mdf embellishments (snowmen, trees, reindeer etc) to place inside the frame and then you can go mad with the glitter, embellishments and the snow!  If you have any small pinecones, bells, berries or leaves etc please feel free to bring them along if you like.  These frames look great on a shelf but if you prefer, they can also be hung.

Decorate a Glass Bauble  - £6.50 

Fill and paint a frosty finish on an 8cm glass bauble.  Then decorate with a choice of Poinsettia or snowflakes and a mix of foliage.  I will bring different coloured card stock and metallic papers so that you can create many variations.  I even have some little snowflake charms you can use too.  The photo does not do justice to the textured frost effect paint.  I also have some other very special paint you can use to dot snowballs on the glass if you like.

Craftyduckydoodah!, Stampin' Up!, Christmas Craft Event 2021

This photo shows the effect you can achieve  just two light coats of special paint.  You can apply as much as you like and, if you wish add glitter too for extra sparkle!!

Craftyduckydoodah, Stampin' Up! Crafting For Christmas Event 2021,

Mini Sledge £3

We will be painting these cute mini sledges and then adding colour with ink if you like too.  We will then decorate with a choice of snowflakes or Poinsettias, again with lots of colour options. These would make very special gift tags, tree decorations or table/place setting decorations.  The sledge measures approximately 10.5 cm long.  I have gone for a 'washed' effect on my sledge but you can paint fully and then add colour with inks if you want too.

Craftydukcydoodah, Stampin' Up!, Crafting For Christmas 2021,  All day event,

Kits - various prices

If you prefer, you can choose any kit that is currently available - Christmas or otherwise.  Just let me know and I will order for you.  You can see what is available here.  

The important stuff ...

I do have multiples of all the above options.  If you would like a particular project please let me know asap.  Full payment for the day and each option is required before the event as soon as possible to secure you place and the projects you wish to work on.  Projects will be allocated on a first come basis.  If certain projects prove to be popular I will do my best to obtain more supplies but I can't promise items will arrive in time.  If necessary I can hold a catch up session after the event.  

If you have a basic toolkit (scissors, poky tool, bone folder etc) please bring with you.  If you haven't don't worry I have spares you can borrow.  You will also need to bring adhesives with you to complete your projects.  

Adhesive Pack - £8.25

All the essentials that you will need for the day. to complete your projects.  The  kit contains Tombow liquid adhesive, mini dimensionals and also larger foam pads.  The glue is in my opinion, the best there is.  Apart from using it for crafting I have fixed items around the home with it and also my mobile phone case - every home should have some!!

Craftyduckydoodah!, Stampin' Up!, Christmas Craft Event 2021

Covid

All crafters will be required to wear a mask on arrival.  Once seated you can remove your mask if you wish.  If you get up/move around I would ask that you wear a mask so that everyone attending feels comfortable.  Hand sanitizer will be available for use too and all equipment will be cleaned before the event.  There will also be wipes available if you wish to clean equipment before using.

Full payment of £16.50 is required to secure your places - please book early to avoid disappointment.  You will then need to let me know which options you would like and also pay for these options before the event too.  As previously mentioned, I have had to put this policy in place having been let down in the past.

If you have any dietary requirements please let me know asap.

If you have it a basic toolkit will be useful, scissors, poky tool, bone folder etc.  You will also need to bring your preferred adhesives.  Limited supplies will be available on the day if you forget or run out.

Additional Projects

I have in mind a couple of other projects but as yet, I have had no time to work on them.  If I find time I will share details otherwise I will offer them as workshops in the run up to Christmas.

I am always happy for you to tweak and make small changes to you projects, just let me know how I can help and I will do my best for you!  

Well that's it for now, if you have any questions please just get in touch.  

Happy Christmas crafting!

Susan xx

Thank you so much for looking at my Blog today.  

If you need to order any supplies, you can order through my online store or get in touch and I will be happy to place an order for you.

If you would like a copy of either of the current Annual Catalogue or the latest Mini Catalogue just let me know and I will get copies to you asap.


Orders placed in my online store or directly with for £25+ will receive a handmade card and a thank you gift as a thank you from me. Don't forget to choose your SAB free items too!

Comments

Popular Posts