For Your Contry

Hello - this is another set I bought several months ago and haven't used yet.  I did buy it for a very special reason though (any excuse); my stepson James was waiting to enlist in the British Army and I knew if would come in handy one day!

Well that day was yesterday - he has finished his basic training and had his 'passing out' ceremony and I wanted to share something very special with you today, it is only a simple gift card but the content of it is very important to James!

Every week he has phoned us to let us know how he was doing and tell us he was still alive, we have been there through wind and rain, a terrible cold and a knee injury.  Throughout all this the main topic of conversation from James was that he was desperate for really a decent cup of coffee and what he wouldn't do for a Costa coffee!

So I decided to get out this special stamp set and make a gift card wallet containing - yes you guessed a gift card for his favourite coffee shop!

The wallet is so quick and easy to make, I think the hardest part was the decision about which colours of ink to use!



Stampin' Up! For Your Country Craftyduckydoodah Independant Stampin' Up! Demonstrator Susan Merrey


I thought it looked a little plain - hence the addition of some garden string as this is definitely an occasion when less is more in front of his platoon!

And the most important part:


Stampin' Up! For Your Country Craftyduckydoodah Independant Stampin' Up! Demonstrator Susan Merrey

It goes without saying that we are all so proud of him!

Susan xx

A list of products used in this project can be found below.
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

Comments

Popular Posts