Painted Petals - faux silk technique

Hello again, in a post earlier this month I gave you a sneaky peak of a project that used a technique that I know of as 'faux silk' and I promised you a look at this in more detail - well here it is!

This is from my earlier post:



We are still enjoying fabulous weather here in Cambridgeshire - I took my inspiration for this card from the lovely red and yellow tulips in our garden and used the Painted Petals stamps set; I adore this set and can't seem to stop using it!

Start off by creating your background.  I used some Wild Wasabi ink and an Aqua Painter to create a sort of approximation of a grassy bank.




I then stamped the stalks with the same ink and added some lovely Rose Red tulips.



You need a piece of plain white tissue paper (nothing expensive) - I had some that I saved when I bought a dress recently so I used that!  Cut the tissue so that it is slightly larger than your piece of card and then scrunch it up and carefully unfold so you are ready for the next step.

Cover the surface of your card completely with glue stick .....



Word of warning - wait patiently for your image to dry completely - obviously I did not do this as it smudged!

Take two ... I decided to create two colours of tulips this time - I actually prefer the red and yellow version so all was good!

To make certain the ink was dry I used my trusty heat gun before covering the panel with a glue stick!


Quickly lay the piece of scrunched up tissue paper over the card - make sure to press down firmly - in this instance wrinkles are what we need!



Use a pair of sharp scissors to trim away any excess tissue.  

Some simple matting and layering and the addition of some thick baker's twine finished off the card.


Stampin' Up! Painted Petals Craftyduckydoodah Susan Merrey


Don't forget to check out the updated Weekly Deals and the list of Retiring Products that was released yesterday; there are some great bargains to be had but be quick, once they are gone, they are gone!

A list of products used on this project can be found below:

Susan xx



Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

Comments

Popular Posts