Painted Petals

Hello, the other weekend I was able to attend a Stampin' STYlettes team training day with my fantastic upline Mikaela (aka thecraftyoinkpen)- on the menu were the Painted Petals stamp set and chocolate cake!  

These are three little notelets we made ...                    




I love this technique - I have seen it several times before on Pinterest and it is so simple to do and so effective.  Stamp the flowers first in Craft Stampin ink which is a white pigment ink (it can be found on page 210 of the Annual Catalogue - it took me ages to find)!!  Then, after cleaning your stamp, choose a coloured ink and stamp again, slightly missing the white image to get this overlaid effect.

... and they all sat inside this cute little lined basket - made without the Berry -Basket Die (Spring/Summer Catalogue - page 21) just to show it can be done!



We also used the medium die from Butterfly Basics - lovely!  The set was completed with matching stamped envelopes.



I had such a lovely inspiring day and the chocolate cake was scrummy!

When I got home I decided to recreate these little notecards because I liked them so much - but as you know, I love Gorgeous Grunge; so I just had to include it somewhere!


Which version do you prefer - please leave a comment below to let me know!

We also made a beautiful stationery wallet containing three different cards using a faux silk technique which I have not used for many, many years.  I will show you this project in a future post.



If you would be interested in attending a workshop to make similar projects please contact me for further details.

A list of products used can be found below:

Susan xx
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

Comments

  1. aww thank you Susan for your kind words. I am so pleased that you enjoyed the day, the projects and of course the cake … we can't forget the cake :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would have been a lovely day even without the chocolate cake - thank you for the inspiration :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts