Craftyduckydoodah Review of 2020 - part 4
Hello, and welcome to the final part of my review of 2020.
October was certainly a very busy month for me. With the announcement from the government that it would be possible for me to organise an in person craft event I was inundated with calls. I got to work and quickly came up with another Pick & Mix Craft Day event. As soon as I announced the event on facebook all places filled up immediately. It was apparent that all my crafty ladies had sorely missed our crafting as much as I had!
There were two options - one featuring the Poinsettias Place Suite ...
... and the other featuring the Snowflake Splendour Suite.
Both options proved equally popular and I am delighted to say that both of these lovely Suites will be with us next year too!
October also saw me creating inky backgrounds for the project below which I absolutely love! White space and trees for a clean and simple project that is right up my street!
November
Unfortunately our all day event was not to be as government guidelines were changed again just two days before the event. All was not lost as most of my lovely ladies agreed to join an online session instead. The rest were able to collect their kits to complete at a later date.
November is usually an exciting time in the world of Stampin' Up! This year there was a change to our Annual get together and we met up online instead! We got to see the upcoming Annual Catalogue which is always exciting and, we still managed to do a spot of crafting with new goodies featuring the upcoming Dragonfly Garden bundle which is available from the 5th January. Although we missed out on the social part of the event, it was nice to be able to dip in and out of sessions, to grab a cuppa or answer the door etc!
I was also able to place a very nice pre order of goodies from the upcoming Spring/Summer Catalogue. (The rather nice pack of DSP you can see is a free item that is part of Sale-A-Bration).
November also saw the release of another Paper Pumpkin Kit which resulted in a further two online craft events.
I loved these sessions - it is such good fun to share ideas with others and some of us even chopped up the envelopes to make use of the patterned paper on the inside! I managed 14 cards from the kit which suggests you will make 8. I also have three full card bases left to use some other time!
As many of you will know, since the start of lockdown I have been running Godmanchester Community Timebank providing assistance for the elderly and vulnerable who live locally. At the end of October I accepted a part time position with Age UK as Service Manager for the Winter Pressures Team.
December
I learnt this month the reason why my team is called Winter Pressures! The part time job became full time for 5 weeks. However I still managed to find time to craft but unfortunately did not manage to share as many blog posts as usual.
One post I didn't manage to share was this project. A special request from my daughter who said 'make me a card with a cow on it' - so I did!! I had a lot of fun colouring this handsome fella.
Personally 2020 has proved to be very difficult; building works that started in June (seems ages ago now) did not/have not gone to plan at all. We have been without a kitchen, heating, running water and laundry facilities since September. We've had gas leaks, several water leaks and unexpected holes in places where there shouldn't have been holes! Thankfully we now have heating but it will be several more months before my lovely kitchen will be installed (hopefully). It's fair to say that Christmas was a little tricky without a kitchen!!
Looking back over 2020 brought back lots of crafty memories, thanks to everyone who has crafted and/or shopped with me in 2020 joined my team or attended an event, I will be back in a day or so with my updates for January - as ever, there is a lot happening in the world of Stampin' Up! (I have been busy planning future events and making a few changes too).
Don't forget to leave a comment on my facebook page telling which has been your favourite project of 2020 for a chance to win a little gift from me. If you can share a photo, even better!
Well, that's it for another year. I am looking forward to seeing what 2021 has to offer us - it surely has to be an improvement on 2020?
Happy New Year, stay safe and well - here's hoping 2021 will be an improvement!
Susan xx
If you need to order any supplies, simply use my “shop with me” button or click on the catalogue links on the right. Alternatively, contact me and I would be happy to place an order for you.
If you would like a copy of either of the current Annual Catalogue or the current Mini Catalogue let me know and I will pop one in the post for you. If you prefer, you can view an online version by clicking the link to the right of this post. Also, the January - June Mini Catalogue and the Sale-A-Bration Brochure are available now - if you would like a copies, let me know!
Thank you for shopping with me and supporting my business.



















Comments
Post a Comment