Nothing's Better Than - for Rosie

Hello, if you are a regular reader of my blog you will probably know that each year I make a special type of card for my daughter's birthday.  This year is no exception and though I struggled to decide which stamp set to use I eventually settled on Nothing's Better Than.

Craftyduckydoodah, Stampin' Up, Nothing's Better Than,

I love this stamp set (and the dies) I like all the items mentioned in this set but coffee is my favourite.  I was delighted to discover that it will still be with us in the 2021 - 2022 Annual Catalogue.

I usually include measurements and instructions for my project but if you follow this LINK you will find a tutorial that I did way back in 2015!

Here is my project:

Craftyduckydoodah, Stampin' Up, Nothing's Better Than,

The colours I used:

The stamping and die cutting:

Stamp an assortment of chocolates and cookies using early Espresso ink.  I also cut several of each of the words and adhered together to add strength and dimension.  However, when it came to assembling the card I decided not to use them.

Craftyduckydoodah, Stampin' Up, Nothing's Better Than,

The colouring:

I did try the filler stamp for the chocolates and the cookies but did not like the effect for this particular project.  For the chocolates I used both the light and the dark Soft Suede Stampin' Blend pens.  I just smooshed each pen across the chocolates - so quick and simple.  For the cookies, I stamped onto Crumb Cake card with Early Espresso - no colouring required!

To assemble:

The sentiments have been stamped with Early Espresso ink.  I adhered all the individual panels with Tombow.  

Craftyduckydoodah, Stampin' Up, Nothing's Better Than,

Then add:
I attached an assortment of chocolates and cookies to each section of the card.  I used a mix of Tombow and dimensionals to adhere the elements.  The chocolates and cookies on the back row have been attached to 1 cm wide strips of window sheet.

Craftyduckydoodah, Stampin' Up, Nothing's Better Than,

The reverse:

I stamped cookies and chocolates across the bottom of the panel for the reverse of the card and coloured the images with Stampin' Blends.  I could not resist adding these sentiments because I do believe my daughter is awesome!

Craftyduckydoodah, Stampin' Up, Nothing's Better Than,

The envelope:
I used Early Espresso ink to stamp a border of chocolates and cookies across the bottom of the envelope.  You can see below that the card does fold flat and fit in the envelope.

Craftyduckydoodah, Stampin' Up, Nothing's Better Than,

The completed project:

Life has been pretty hectic recently which meant I had to leave the card until the last possible minute - I was literally adding the finishing touches and popping it into the envelope as my daughter arrived for her birthday tea.

Craftyduckydoodah, Stampin' Up, Nothing's Better Than,

I did ask Rosie if she would prefer a different style of card; unfortunately she said no!  Next I need to make a card for my son who celebrates his birthday on the 10th and get it in the post asap.  

It's funny isn't it how so many tasty treats begin with the letter 'c' cheese, chips, cake, custard and so on!

Happy crafting

Susan xx

Thank you so much for looking at my Blog today.  Unfortunately I am no longer a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator.  SU regulations are very strict; I have to wait 3 whole months before I can rejoin again. 

If you need to order any supplies, just let me know and I will put you in touch with my crafty friend who kindly agreed to look after my lovely customers until I can become a demonstrator again.

If you would like a copy of either of the current Annual Catalogue or the current Mini Catalogue let me know and I will arrange for one to be popped in the post for you.  The new Annual Catalogue will also be available soon, let me know if you would like my friend to send you a copy.
Product List
Details of the products currently available are below.

Nothing's Better Than Photopolymer Stamp Set (English)
£20.00
Early Espresso Classic Stampin' Pad
£7.00
Basic White A4 Cardstock
£9.00
Crumb Cake A4 Card Stock
£8.25
Real Red A4 Card Stock
£8.25
Crumb Cake Stampin' Blends Combo Pack
£8.50
Soft Suede Stampin' Blends Combo Pack
£8.50
Basic White C6 Envelopes
£7.00
Multipurpose Liquid Glue
£3.75
Stampin' Dimensionals
£3.75
Window Sheets
£4.75

Comments

Popular Posts