Gorgeous Leaves - Crafty Collaborations Blog Hop

Hello and welcome to another blog hop with Crafty Collaborations.  This month our theme is Autumn and I will be using a bundle called Gorgeous Leaves for my project.

If you are starting here with me at Craftyducky HQ or have hopped over from Robbie in the USA, welcome - we have lots of lovely projects to share with you this month.

Craftyduckydoodah, Gorgeous Leaves, Stampin' Up!, Crafty Collaborations Blog Hop,

Autumn is my absolute favourite time of the year, there is nothing better than crisp and sunny Autumn days, a stroll along the river with a swish amongst the leaves and I am one very happy craftyducky!!  I love hot chocolate too but I have mine without the marshmallows.

As soon as  I saw the Gorgeous Leaves bundle I knew I had to have it.

Craftyduckydoodah, Stampin' Up!, Gorgeous Leaves, Crafty Collaborations Blog Hop,

As well as the Gorgeous Leaves in this stamp set there are also some very useful background images - two of them remind me of my all time favourite stamp set, Gorgeous Grunge.  There is also a very pretty little trio of leaves which can be used to create quick and easy borders.

Here is my project:

Clean and simple and, with a change of sentiment perfect for those difficult male birthdays too!

Craftyduckydoodah, Stampin' Up!, Gorgeous Leaves, Crafty Collaborations Blog Hop,

The colours I used:

You will need:

10.5 cm x 29 cm - scored at 14.5 cm Basic White Thick (BWT)

8.5 cm x 12.5 cm BWT

BWT scrap for the leaf

The leaves:

I was unsure which colours to use for the leaf so I had a bit of a play!  I inked up the leaf with Bumble Bee ink and stamped onto BWT.  I then added Cinnamon Cider ink to the second leaf using a sponge dauber.  For the final leaf I also added some Early Espresso ink, this was the leaf I used for my project.

Craftyduckydoodah, Stampin' Up!, Gorgeous Leaves, Crafty Collaborations Blog Hop,

You can see on the image above what a difference using a dauber makes.  I cut the leaves out with the coordinating die.  Don't worry, I won't waste the other two leaves!

To assemble:

Wrap two pieces of thread around the bottom of the BWT panel, adhering on the reverse with double sided tape.   Tie a know around both strands of thread and trim off excess.  

Craftyduckydoodah, Stampin' Up!, Gorgeous Leaves, Crafty Collaborations Blog Hop,

The sentiment:

This lovely handwritten script sentiment if from a set called Nature's Harvest.  I am looking forward to playing with this set very soon!

Stamp the sentiment below the linen thread using Early Espresso ink.

Adhere panel to card base with dimensionals.

The inside/envelope:

Using the same three inks as above, I stamped a leaf over the flap of the envelope and on the inside of the card too for a coordinated look.

The completed project:

Craftyduckydoodah, Stampin' Up!, Gorgeous Leaves, Crafty Collaborations Blog Hop,

I then created two additional projects adding extra details to each one to step them up a level each time- I will share details of the other projects on my blog soon.

Craftyduckydoodah, Stampin' Up!, Gorgeous Leaves, Crafty Collaborations Blog Hop,

Thanks for hopping along with us, I hope you are enjoying our Autumn themed projects as much as we are enjoying creating them to share.  Next up is Candi Suriano from the USA - just clink the link below to hop over.

Happy Autumn!

Susan xx 


Thank you so much for looking at my Blog today. If you need to order any supplies, you can order through my online store or get in touch and I will be happy to place an order for you.

If you would like a copy of either of the current Annual Catalogue or the latest Mini Catalogue just let me know and I will get copies to you asap.


Orders placed in my online store or directly with for £25+ will receive a handmade card and a thank you gift as a thank you from me. Don't forget to choose your SAB free items too!

Product List

Comments

  1. I really like how you showed the steps to jazz it up. Nice card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card and loved the idea of sharing your colouring process!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So simple! I like the added blending. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the clean and simple look of your cards Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simple but elegant. Love the stepped up ones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simple but elegant. Love the way you showed the stepped up versions.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards, I love the simplicity of the designs xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts