Flower Patch

Hello again - yesterday I decided to use a set of stamps that I have not used before; I am on a mission to use everything I already have before the new catalogue launch.  I can't believe I haven't used this set yet as it was one of the first ones I bought! 

The Flower Patch set is so versatile and it is very easy to create multidimensional images with these two-step stamps - I had such fun deciding which colours to use.

There are lots of different sized flowers, leaves and sentiments to choose from and even better, the stamps can also be purchased as a bundle with matching framelits dies saving you 15%!

This is the first card I made:

Can you spot what I used for the background?  I could not find a piece of paper to fit the style of card I wanted to make; I sat tapping my fingers on my desk feeling slightly frustrated and then I had a light bulb moment - I cut the corner off some Stampin' Up! Grid Paper.  I have this on my desk all the time; to make notes on or to test a stamp out etc and it is really useful. I punched a border along the top and hey presto - my background was found!

Stampin' Up!, Flower Patch, Flower Fair Framelits, Craftyduckydoodah!
The addition of some frayed burlap ribbon adds some texture and extra dimension.

For my second card I decided to brighten things up a little and also to use the Large Polka Dot embossing folder for the very first time (shame on me), I resisted buying this for ages but gave in a few weeks ago.


Stampin' Up!, Flower Patch, Flower Fair Framelits, Craftyduckydoodah!

The final card today is perhaps my favourite - I love the combination of the colours and it could be used for so many occasions, I plan to make lots more using different ink colours and perhaps I might make some into a set of note cards to give to a friend.  My little crafty ducky looks quite at home here amongst the flowers too!


Stampin' Up!, Flower Patch, Flower Fair Framelits, Craftyduckydoodah!

Thanks for looking at my Blog today, don't forget to check out the updated weekly deals!

Susan xx


A list of items used to make these cards can be found below.





Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

Comments

Popular Posts