Daisy Lane - stepped up

Here are the details for our final Coffee & Cards project this week using the delightful Daisy Lane stamp and punch bundle.

The inspiration for this project came from a magazine called Stampin' Success - a magazine that us Demonstrators receive four times a year - I just tweaked it a little!

We used Shimmery White card to create the watercolour wash background as it has a slight coating that stops the card from piling when damp.

Top Tip #1
I always dampen the card slightly with clean water before I add any ink.  The damp card helps the ink to flow around so you don't end up with harsh lines.

This was especially important here in the UK this week as it has been really warm and humid - normal Summer weather will resume shortly I'm sure!

Top Tip #2!
Swipe the Aqua Painter across the card in a random fashion - start at different sides for a more random look too.

Craftyduckydoodah!, Stampin' Up! UK Independent  Demonstrator Susan Simpson, Daisy Lane, Watercolour smoosh background technique, Supplies available 24/7 from my online store,

Leave the card to dry for a few moments before stamping an assortment of ferns to create a bespoke background.  Don't worry about the overlapping ferns as they will be covered by the daises.

Craftyduckydoodah!, Stampin' Up! UK Independent  Demonstrator Susan Simpson, Daisy Lane, Watercolour smoosh background technique, Supplies available 24/7 from my online store,

I love creating watercolour wash backgrounds - you are never quite sure how they will turn out!  The background was then adhered to the card front with Tombow.

We stamped four daisies and punched them out.  The petals have been curled and shaped with a poky tool and then assembled with a dot of Tombow, offsetting the petals slightly for a fuller look.

Craftyduckydoodah!, Stampin' Up! UK Independent  Demonstrator Susan Simpson, Daisy Lane, Watercolour smoosh background technique, Supplies available 24/7 from my online store,

We added some of this gorgeous Scalloped Linen Ribbon across the front of the card, adhering with double sided tape and then positioned our daisies.  We added one of the In Colour Faceted Dots to the centre of each flower.

<div><div><div id="4febdf33-3776-4706-be0e-49bbc8b707be"><iframe class="iframe-showcase" src="https://mystampinblog.com/Showcase/Details/ea28b9c0-fa20-4fb3-a407-10adeb1363ab?layout=Carousel&showSku=True&showPrice=True&showDownload=True&transparent=False&bordered=True&hFontHeight=14&rFontHeight=13&imageHeight=120&middleContent=False" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" style="width:100%"></iframe></div><script src="https://mystampinblog.com/Script/ShowcaseDetailsScript"></script></div></div>

The sentiment (A Little Lace) was stamped onto a 1cm strip of card with Pretty Peacock ink and adhered with dimensionals.

The inside of the card (and the envelope) were stamped with the fern image multiple times.

Craftyduckydoodah!, Stampin' Up! UK Independent  Demonstrator Susan Simpson, Daisy Lane, Watercolour smoosh background technique, Supplies available 24/7 from my online store,

Here is the completed card and envelope.

Craftyduckydoodah!, Stampin' Up! UK Independent  Demonstrator Susan Simpson, Daisy Lane, Watercolour smoosh background technique, Supplies available 24/7 from my online store,

Thanks to everyone who joined me this week for some crafty fun.  You can purchase Daisy Lane and the Medium Daisy Punch as a bundle which gives a saving of 10%.  If you were to add some of the Scalloped Linen Ribbon and a pack of the In Colour Faceted Dots you would also receive a coupon for £4.50 to spend next month ...!

I will be back on Saturday as I am taking part in another Tic Tac Toe Challenge with the Design Team from Joy of Sets.  I have enjoyed using Daisy Lane so much this week I am using it again and some of the ribbon too for the TTT challenge!

Have a crafty weekend.

Susan xx

Thank you so much for looking at my Blog today, if you don't have a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator and you live in the UK, I would love to be yours!  

If you need to order any supplies, simply use my “shop with me” button or click on the catalogue links on the right. Alternatively, contact me and I would be happy to place an order for you.

If you would like copies of any of the current catalogues let me know and I will pop them in the post for you.  If you prefer, you can view online versions by clicking the links to the right of this post.  The new 2019/20 Annual Catalogue launched on the 4th June.  If you would like a copy let me know!


Would you like to receive a FREE gift from me? 
All orders placed directly with me or online receive a handmade card from me as a thank you but did you know that all orders over £20 (excluding postage) will receive a gift from me too?  If you use the current Hostess Code I will pop something in with your order or post directly to you.  (Please remember to allow me to access your contact details otherwise I won't be able to contact you).

If your order is over £150 please don't use the code as you will receive your own Stampin' Rewards.  You will still receive a card and a gift from me. 


If you are local to me and can collect, I’m happy for you to piggyback one of my orders to save on postage.

If you have any questions, I’m happy to help.  You can email me susan_merrey@yahoo.co.uk or telephone 07905 403 823.

Thank you for shopping with me and supporting my business!







Comments

Popular Posts