Ornate Garden - stepped up
Here are the details for the second project this week using items from the brand new Ornate Garden Suite. I'm not sure what this cared fold is; some sort of tri fold, window card or something. Be warned, lots of photos in this post; my attempt at explaining how I put this card together!
The Ornate Garden Suite is now available ahead of the launch of the upcoming Annual Catalogue.
I used two items from the suite for my project. The Ornate Style Thanks stamp set has lots of useful sentiments that are very versatile. I love the handwritten fonts too!
I also used the Ornate Style stamp set. I know I will be using these detailed floral images a lot over the coming months! I've already enjoyed colouring the images as you will see below.
Here are the colours I used for my project.
Here is the card I made.

To create the Ornate Garden card
21 cm x 14.5 cm scored at 10.5 cm x 2 Mint Macaron *
10 cm x 14 cm thick ww (main floral image)
9.8 cm x 14 cm ww (inside to write on)
Piece of ww thick for the frame and sentiment.
Important *
I cut a 2mm strip off the back of each card base.
To create the front of the Ornate Garden card
Front
I used my Stamparatus to stamp the large floral image on the front of the card with Mint Macaron ink. For the second image, I turned the stamp around.
I used the largest Stitched Shape circle die to cut out a window on the front of the card. I used pieces of washi tape to hold in place whilst going through the Big Shot.
As a bonus you can use the die cut circle on another project!
Using the Layering Circles dies, I cut out a frame with a scalloped edge from thick ww card.
Using Tombow, carefully apply tiny dabs of glue around the aperture and adhere the frame.
Stamp the sentiment with Memento ink onto a stip of card and trims the ends. I used a mini dimensional at each end to adhere.
Inner Panel
Use the 10 x 14 cm ww thick piece of card. Stamp this lovely large floral image using Memento ink.
Colour with Stampin' Blends - details of the colours I used can be found at the end of this post.
To colour the tiny daisies I used Mango Melody (dark) in the centre and then used Daffodil Delight (light) over the top and around the centre for a soft a pretty sort of hazy look.
Adhere the coloured panel to the second card base as shown. The panel on the right has the slightly smaller trimmed edge.
Stay with me, I promise I have not lost the plot with this project!
Insert
Use the 9.8 cm x 14 cm ww piece of card. Stamp these pretty daisies in each corner with Memento ink and colour with Stampin' Blends.
Adhere the panel to the back of the main stamped image i.e. the trimmed side of the card base with double sided tape.
To assemble to Ornate Gard card
I used Tombow to adhere the two panels together - I like the wriggle room! Place the Tombow on the back of the panel with the two daisies and adhere to the inside of the first panel.
Here is the completed card and envelope. I also stamped and coloured a single daisy image on the envelope flap.
Phew, apologies for the long, photo heavy post! I hope it made sense, if not just let me know. Trimming the 2mm from each of the card bases ensure a neater finish. How I wish I had the time to sort out filming projects - it would be much easier. If anyone knows the name of this card fold please let me know.
Stay safe and well.
Crafty hugs!
Susan xx
Thank you so much for looking at my Blog today, if you don't have a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator and you live in the UK, I would love to be yours!
If you need to order any supplies, simply use my “shop with me” button or click on the catalogue links on the right. Alternatively, contact me and I would be happy to place an order for you.
If you would like copies of either of the current catalogues let me know and I will pop them in the post for you. If you prefer, you can view online versions by clicking the links to the right of this post. The Spring/Summer catalogue is available now - please message me if you would like a copy.
Would you like to receive a FREE gift from me?
All orders placed directly with me or online receive a handmade card from me as a thank you but did you know that all orders over £20 (excluding postage) will receive a gift from me too? If you use the current Hostess Code I will pop something in with your order or post directly to you. (Please remember to allow me to access your contact details otherwise I won't be able to contact you).
If your order is over £150 please don't use the code as you will receive your own Stampin' Rewards. You will still receive a card and a gift from me.
If you are local to me and can collect, I’m happy for you to piggyback one of my orders to save on postage.
If you have any questions, or need help with anything I’m always happy to help. You can email me susan_merrey@yahoo.co.uk or telephone 07905 403 823 during normal working hours.
Thank you for shopping with me and supporting my business!
The Ornate Garden Suite is now available ahead of the launch of the upcoming Annual Catalogue.
I used two items from the suite for my project. The Ornate Style Thanks stamp set has lots of useful sentiments that are very versatile. I love the handwritten fonts too!
I also used the Ornate Style stamp set. I know I will be using these detailed floral images a lot over the coming months! I've already enjoyed colouring the images as you will see below.
Here are the colours I used for my project.

To create the Ornate Garden card
21 cm x 14.5 cm scored at 10.5 cm x 2 Mint Macaron *
10 cm x 14 cm thick ww (main floral image)
9.8 cm x 14 cm ww (inside to write on)
Piece of ww thick for the frame and sentiment.
Important *
I cut a 2mm strip off the back of each card base.
To create the front of the Ornate Garden card
Front
I used my Stamparatus to stamp the large floral image on the front of the card with Mint Macaron ink. For the second image, I turned the stamp around.
I used the largest Stitched Shape circle die to cut out a window on the front of the card. I used pieces of washi tape to hold in place whilst going through the Big Shot.
As a bonus you can use the die cut circle on another project!
Using the Layering Circles dies, I cut out a frame with a scalloped edge from thick ww card.
Using Tombow, carefully apply tiny dabs of glue around the aperture and adhere the frame.
Stamp the sentiment with Memento ink onto a stip of card and trims the ends. I used a mini dimensional at each end to adhere.
Inner Panel
Use the 10 x 14 cm ww thick piece of card. Stamp this lovely large floral image using Memento ink.
Colour with Stampin' Blends - details of the colours I used can be found at the end of this post.
To colour the tiny daisies I used Mango Melody (dark) in the centre and then used Daffodil Delight (light) over the top and around the centre for a soft a pretty sort of hazy look.
Adhere the coloured panel to the second card base as shown. The panel on the right has the slightly smaller trimmed edge.
Stay with me, I promise I have not lost the plot with this project!
Insert
Use the 9.8 cm x 14 cm ww piece of card. Stamp these pretty daisies in each corner with Memento ink and colour with Stampin' Blends.
Adhere the panel to the back of the main stamped image i.e. the trimmed side of the card base with double sided tape.
To assemble to Ornate Gard card
I used Tombow to adhere the two panels together - I like the wriggle room! Place the Tombow on the back of the panel with the two daisies and adhere to the inside of the first panel.
Here is the completed card and envelope. I also stamped and coloured a single daisy image on the envelope flap.
Phew, apologies for the long, photo heavy post! I hope it made sense, if not just let me know. Trimming the 2mm from each of the card bases ensure a neater finish. How I wish I had the time to sort out filming projects - it would be much easier. If anyone knows the name of this card fold please let me know.
Stay safe and well.
Crafty hugs!
Susan xx
Thank you so much for looking at my Blog today, if you don't have a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator and you live in the UK, I would love to be yours!
If you need to order any supplies, simply use my “shop with me” button or click on the catalogue links on the right. Alternatively, contact me and I would be happy to place an order for you.
If you would like copies of either of the current catalogues let me know and I will pop them in the post for you. If you prefer, you can view online versions by clicking the links to the right of this post. The Spring/Summer catalogue is available now - please message me if you would like a copy.
Would you like to receive a FREE gift from me?
If your order is over £150 please don't use the code as you will receive your own Stampin' Rewards. You will still receive a card and a gift from me.
If you are local to me and can collect, I’m happy for you to piggyback one of my orders to save on postage.
If you have any questions, or need help with anything I’m always happy to help. You can email me susan_merrey@yahoo.co.uk or telephone 07905 403 823 during normal working hours.
Thank you for shopping with me and supporting my business!
























Comments
Post a Comment