Nothing's Better Than ... quick & simple
Hello, here are the details for the first project this week using the Nothing's Better Than bundle.
Nothing's Better Than ... Coffee! Well unless the two are combined of course, as in this project with coffee and chocolate!
I paid a visit to a local chocolate shop a few weeks ago and came across these bags of chocolate coated coffee beans. My friend said "I bet you can do something with those" so, I did!
Here is my project:It's a very quick and simple project and one that you can change to suit the contents of this cute little gift box.
The colours I used:
You will need:
25 cm x 2 cm strip of Coastal Cabana
2.5 cm strip ww thick for punching - when punched trim to 7 cm
ww thick piece for stamping and die cutting
Coastal Cabana scrap for die cutting
The stamping and die cutting:
You will need to die cut the word 'coffee' 4 times; 3 using ww thick and 1 using Coastal Cabana. Stamp the coffee cup with Memento ink and cut out with the coordinating die.
The colouring:
Colour the cup using a selection of Stampin' Blends. I also added some glitter to the stars on the cup for a bit of sparkle.
Top Tip:
Whenever I am colouring I always have a little scrap of card at the side of my project with a splodge of each of the colours I am thinking of using for my project. This saves a lot of time when it comes to making decisions as you can just hold the sample strip to your project to help you decide which colour to use.
The tag:
I used the Lovely Labels Pick A Punch to create the little tag and the 2.5 cm ww card strip. I punched the top and then decided to round the bottom corners too. Once punched, trim the tag to You will also need to punch a hole in the top of the tag so that you can tie the thread.
To assemble:
Adhere the three white coffee's together using tiny dabs of Tombow and then adhere the Coastal Cabana layer on the top again using Tombow. Adhere to the tag with Tombow - take care to only place the glue where it is needed!
Adhere the coffee cup with a dimensional.
Wrap the Coastal Cabana strip around the treat box and adhere on the bottom with Tombow. Add a length of this lovely Pool Party sparkly ribbon using mini glue dots or Stampin' Seal. Finally tie a length of linen thread thread around and attach the tag. Finish off with a pretty bow.
Of course the dilemma with this project was whether to feature coffee or chocolate on the tag - either would have worked for these delicious little coffee beans. Unfortunately not all the beans fit into the treat box so I sampled a few!
I have another project to share later this week featuring lots of coffee cups.
Have a crafty week.
Susan xx
If you have any questions, or need help with anything I’m always happy to help. You can email me susan_merrey@yahoo.co.uk or telephone 07905 403 823 during normal working hours.
If you need to order any supplies, simply use my “shop with me” button or click on the catalogue links on the right. Alternatively, contact me and I would be happy to place an order for you.
If you would like a copy of either of the current Annual Catalogue let me know and I will pop one in the post for you. If you prefer, you can view an online version by clicking the link to the right of this post. Also, the August - December mini catalogue will be available very soon - if you would like a copy of either catalogue, let me know!
If your order is over £150 please don't use the code as you will receive your own Stampin' Rewards. You will still receive a card and a gift from me.
Thank you for shopping with me and supporting my business.


















Comments
Post a Comment