Nothing's Better Than - stepped up

Hello, here are are the details for my second project this week using the Nothing's Better Than stamp and die bundle.

I am spending quite a bit of time at the moment looking online for items for my new kitchen.  I love the colours I used for this project. It was only whilst I was editing the photos that I realised why I liked them so much - they were the colours on the feature wall in the living room of the house where I lived until recently! I still love the colour combo and it will feature in some way in my new kitchen.

Here is my project:

I love fun, quirky sentiments and these are right up my street!

Craftyduckydoodah, Nothing's Better Than, Stampin' Up,

You will need:

21 cm x 14.5 cm ww thick - scored at 10.5 cm

10 cm x 14 cm ww thick

Small scraps of Basic Black, ww thick and Coastal Cabana for stamping and die cutting.

The colours I used:

The background:

I used my favourite embossing folder on the thick ww panel.  I use the Tasteful Textile embossing folder a lot; I love the texture and dimension it creates that to me, looks like material. I used the large flat brush tip water painter to add a smoosh of Coastal Cabana ink across the bottom of the panel.

Craftyduckydoodah, Nothing's Better Than, Stampin' Up,

Top Tip
Adding a smoosh of pale blue ink
This flat brush tip is perfect for adding smooshes of colour to create watercolour backgrounds.  No harsh lines and quick and simple too - everyone needs water painters in their life!

Ths stamping and die cutting:
I used Memento ink to stamp 7 cups (I always make a spare just in case), I cut them out with the coordinating die and coloured with the Stampin' Blends.  I also added some fine glitter to the stars for a bit of sparkle.

Craftyduckydoodah, Nothing's Better Than, Stampin' Up,

The sentiment:

The sentiments have been stamped onto black card with Versamark ink and heat embossed with white embossing powder.  Trim carefully to create separate words.

Top Tip

Don't forget to use an Embossing Buddy before you stamp.  Black card and white embossing powder are not very forgiving!

Craftyduckydoodah, Nothing's Better Than, Stampin' Up,

Die cut 'coffee' four times, three from ww thick and once from Coastal Cabana card.

Craftyduckydoodah, Nothing's Better Than, Stampin' Up,

To assemble:

Adhere the background to the card front with dimensionals.  I also used dimensionals for the sentiment pieces and the cups but if you are worried about postal costs you could use Tombow instead.  The word 'coffee' has been adhered with Tombow to carefully stack all four pieces on top of each other.  Arrange the cups across the watercolour background at jaunty angles, randomly if you can.

The inside/envelope:

I used the spare coffee cup, adhered in the corner with Tombow.  I stamped a cup on the envelope too and coloured with Stampin' Blends.

Craftyduckydoodah, Nothing's Better Than, Stampin' Up,

The completed project:

Craftyduckydoodah, Nothing's Better Than, Stampin' Up,
I am now on a hunt for some cups and saucers just like these for my new kitchen - wish me luck!

I am back at the weekend hopping along with Stamp 'N Hop - I have a Christmas project to share that did not go quite to plan!

Have a crafty weekend.

Susan xx

If you have any questions, or need help with anything I’m always happy to help.  You can email me susan_merrey@yahoo.co.uk or telephone 07905 403 823 during normal working hours.

Thank you so much for looking at my Blog today, if you don't have a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator and you live in the UK, I would love to be yours!  

If you need to order any supplies, simply use my “shop with me” button or click on the catalogue links on the right. Alternatively, contact me and I would be happy to place an order for you.

If you would like a copy of either of the current Annual Catalogue let me know and I will pop one in the post for you.  If you prefer, you can view an online version by clicking the link to the right of this post.   Also, the August - December mini catalogue will be available very soon - if you would like a copy of either catalogue, let me know!


Would you like to receive a FREE gift from me? 
All orders placed directly with me or online receive a handmade card from me as a thank you but did you know that all orders over £20 (excluding postage) will receive a gift from me too?  If you use the current Hostess Code I will pop something in with your order or post directly to you.  (Please remember to allow me to access your contact details otherwise I won't be able to contact you).

If your order is over £150 please don't use the code as you will receive your own Stampin' Rewards. You will still receive a card and a gift from me.

If you are local to me and can collect, I’m happy for you to piggyback one of my orders to save on postage.

Thank you for shopping with me and supporting my business.

Comments

Popular Posts