Whimsical Trees - Ink & Inspiration

Hello and welcome to another Ink & Inspiration Blog Hop.  I will be using items from the Whimsy & Wonder Suite along with many other items in my crafty stash.



If you have hopped over from Karen Henderson or are starting here with me at Craftyducky HQ - welcome, this month we have been challenged to use our stash.  I don't know about you but I do seem to have rather a lot of lovely SU goodies!

I love trees and with the Christmas Trees Dies that is exactly what you get!  Lots of them and, whilst they are perfect for Christmas they can be used all year round too making them excellent value for money.

Craftyduckydoodah, Stampin' Up, Whimsical Trees, Ink & Inspiration Blog Hop

I haven't really had the chance to use these dies much yet but when I saw a stunning card made by SU Artisan Design Team Member Tammy Wilson I could not wait to use them!

I don't know about you but sometimes I have 'crafty oops' moments and that was certainly the case with this project!

Here is my project:

I tweaked Tammy's design a little and used Coastal Cabana instead of Blushing Bride for my project.

Craftyduckydoodah, Stampin Up, Whimsical Trees, Ink & Inspiration Blog Hop,

The colours I used:

I chose a couple of my favourite SU colours.

You will need:

21 cm x 14.5 cm Coastal Cabana - scored at 10.5 cm

8.5 cm  x 14.5 cm Basic White Thick (BWT)

10 cm x 14 cm Basic White (BW)

Fluid 100 Water Colour Paper

BWT for tree and sentiment

Scrap of Silver Foil Sheet for the snowflake

The background:

I used a blending brush to add some Pool Party ink to the centre of the BWT panel.  I then embossed with the lovely Wintry 3D embossing folder.  This is when my first 'oops' happened.  An inky fingerprint, however I did not worry too much as I knew I could cover most of it later on.

Craftyduckydoodah, Stampin Up, Whimsical Trees, Ink & Inspiration Blog Hop,

The die cutting:

I die cut two trees for my project; one from BWT and the other from water colour paper.  I also cut a snowflake using a die from the Stitched Snowflakes set and a scrap of silver foil card.

I used a water painter to add some Coastal Cabana ink to one of the trees and embossed the other with the Timer 3D embossing folder.

To assemble:

Adhere the background to the centre of the card front using dimensionals.  Adhere the embossed tree with dimensionals too and then add the water coloured tree using both Tombow (over the embossed tree) and mini dimensionals.

I then adhered one of the Wonderful Snowflakes to the top right of my project using a dimensional in the centre.  It was at this point I had another 'oops' moment!

These snowflakes are so pretty, they have a lovely iridescent foil side that would have looked great on my project.  However, I adhered the snowflake on the wrong side and only noticed when editing the photos!

Craftyduckydoodah, Stampin Up, Whimsical Trees, Ink & Inspiration Blog Hop,

I then added the silver snowflake with another dimensional and an Opal Round in the centre added a little glamour and sparkle.

The sentiment:

I used a sentiment from A Christmas To Remember, stamping onto a scrap of BWT with Coastal Cabana ink.  After trimming a border around the image I adhere across the centre of my project using mini dimensionals.

Craftyduckydoodah, Stampin Up, Whimsical Trees, Ink & Inspiration Blog Hop,

The inside/envelope:

I always decorate the inside of my projects and in this instance stamped a sentiment with Coastal Cabana ink onto a piece of basic white (regular) card and, for a finishing touch I added some stamped snowflakes using Pool Party ink.

Craftyduckydoodah, Stampin Up, Whimsical Trees, Ink & Inspiration Blog Hop,

I also stamped some snowflakes onto the envelope with Pool Party ink.

The details:

In an effort to use up the lovely Subtle Shimmer Sequins I adhered lots of them around the front of the card using dabs of Tombow.  

Here is the completed project:

No one but my (and you) would ever know about the 'oops' moments I had creating this project!  As I said earlier, I will definitely be make more of this project in different colours - hopefully without further 'oops' moments!

Craftyduckydoodah, Stampin Up, Whimsical Trees, Ink & Inspiration Blog Hop,

I really enjoyed using lots of different items from my crafty stash.  Next up is Angie McKenzie from the USA who has another fabulous project to share.

Thanks for hopping along with us and thanks again to Tammy for providing the inspiration that made me use the Christmas Tree dies!

Susan xx

Thank you so much for looking at my Blog today. If you need to order any supplies, you can order through my online store or get in touch and I will be happy to place an order for you.

If you would like a copy of either of the current Annual Catalogue or the latest Mini Catalogue just let me know and I will get copies to you asap.  The brand new January to June Mini Catalogue will be available shortly too!

Craftyduckydoodah, Stampin' Up!,

Orders placed either in my online store or directly with for me £25+ (excluding P & P) will receive a handmade card and a gift as a thank you from me.
Product List

Comments

  1. Gorgeous card Susan. love your colour palette and the background inking

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card Susan, love the colours you used! - Ann 🌷

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this color combo with these dies! Love how you different stamp sets together with them, too. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts