Winter Woods - stepped up

Hello, here is my second project this week using the Winter Woods stamp set.  The inspiration for this project came from a card I saw on Pinterest designed by Mary Fish who is a SU Demo from the USA.  You can see Mary's card HERE.

I had intended to use Smoky Slate for my project but I somehow managed to pick up Gray Granite instead however I think it turned out ok!

Here is my project:

Craftyduckydoodah, Winter Woods, In The Woods, Stampin' Up, Christmas 2020,

The colours I used:

Really simple - Gray Granite and Whisper White - a great combo for masculine cards too.  I may try another version using Night of Navy and silver .....

You will need:

21 cm x 14.5 cm - scored at 10.5 cm

10 cm x 14 cm Gray Granite

8 cm x 10 cm ww thick

8 cm x 10 cm vellum

Small pieces of ww thick and Gray Granite for die cutting

The background:

I used the Tasteful Textures embossing folder to add texture the the Gray Granite card (10 x 14cm) and the vellum.    Embossing vellum seems to change the colour of the velum and I love the added texture and dimension it creates.

Craftyduckydoodah, Winter Woods, In The Woods, Stampin' Up, Christmas 2020,

The die cutting:

I used my favourite Stitched Shape dies to cut an oval for the sentiment.  I used the leaves that are part of the coordinating In The Woods die set cutting out three pieces.

Craftyduckydoodah, Winter Woods, In The Woods, Stampin' Up, Christmas 2020,

The stamping:

I used Gray Granite ink to stamp the ww panel with lots of trees across the card.  I used my Stamparatus to do this as it makes everything easier!  I also stamped the sentiment onto the oval using a stamp from Yuletide Pastures.

Craftyduckydoodah, Winter Woods, In The Woods, Stampin' Up, Christmas 2020,

To assemble:

Adhere the embossed Gray Granite panel to the card front with dimensionals.  Position the vellum and adhere with Tombow.  I placed the glue so that it would be hidden behind the stamped panel.  Vellum is tricky but if you think about it you can usually find a way to hide the adhesive.

Craftyduckydoodah, Winter Woods, In The Woods, Stampin' Up, Christmas 2020,

Wrap a length of Braided Linen Trim around the stamped panel, adhering on the reverse with double sided tape.  Adhere the panel to the card using dimensionals.  I added a couple of dimensionals in the middle of the sentiment so that I would have room to tuck the leaves behind with dabs of Tombow.  I added a small bow and adhered with a rolled up glue dot.

Craftyduckydoodah, Winter Woods, In The Woods, Stampin' Up, Christmas 2020,

The details:

I added three jewels for a bit of sparkle; even card for the men in our lives need a bit of sparkle don't they?

The inside/envelope:

I confess I am not entirely happy with the inside or the envelope; I may re jig them somehow.  However, I stamped some branches using Gray Granite ink.

The completed project:

Quite pleased with how this project turned out, I may even use it a card for my son, after I have sorted out the inside and the envelope that is! 

Craftyduckydoodah, Winter Woods, In The Woods, Stampin' Up, Christmas 2020,

 
I am back on Saturday with a bold and colourful project that also uses Winter Woods - it's a truly versatile stamp set and I would not be without it!

Happy crafting!

Susan xx

If you have any questions, or need help with anything I’m always happy to help.  You can email me susan_merrey@yahoo.co.uk or telephone 07905 403 823 during normal working hours.

Thank you so much for looking at my Blog today, if you don't have a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator and you live in the UK, I would love to be yours!  

If you need to order any supplies, simply use my “shop with me” button or click on the catalogue links on the right. Alternatively, contact me and I would be happy to place an order for you.

If you would like a copy of either of the current Annual Catalogue let me know and I will pop one in the post for you.  If you prefer, you can view an online version by clicking the link to the right of this post.   Also, the August - December mini catalogue will be available very soon - if you would like a copy of either catalogue, let me know!


Would you like to receive a FREE gift from me? 
All orders placed directly with me or online receive a handmade card from me as a thank you but did you know that all orders over £20 (excluding postage) will receive a gift from me too?  If you use the current Hostess Code I will pop something in with your order or post directly to you.  (Please remember to allow me to access your contact details otherwise I won't be able to contact you).


If your order is over £150 please don't use the code as you will receive your own Stampin' Rewards. You will still receive a card and a gift from me.

If you are local to me and can collect, I’m happy for you to piggyback one of my orders to save on postage.

Thank you for shopping with me and supporting my business.

Comments

Popular Posts