In the Pines - quick & simple

Hello, here are the details for the first project this week using the In The Pines bundle.

This card is really quick and simple and is part of a set of 20 cards I made for a friend this year.  The design brief was lots of white space, traditional colours and nothing fussy!

Here is my project:

Craftydukcydoodah, In The Pines, Stampin' Up, Christmas 2020,

The colours I used:

You will need:

21 cm x 14.5 cm ww thick - scored at 10.5 cm

10 cm x 14 cm ww thick

7 cm x 9 cm piece of Designer Series Paper (DSP)

1 cm strip ww thick

17 cm x 6.5 cm DSP

1.5 cm x 10.5 cm strip of DSP

The die cutting:

Die cut the tree in the centre of the ww panel making sure the trunk is straight!

<div style="text-align:center"><div style="display:inline-block;background-color:#5c6b2b;border:1px solid #5c6b2b;width:125px;height:125px;border-radius:20px!important;margin:10px;box-shadow:0 4px 8px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.2),0 6px 20px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.19)"><div style="display:table;width:125px;height:125px"><div style="display:table-cell;vertical-align:middle;text-align:center;padding:5px"><a href="https://www.stampinup.uk/search/Mossy Meadow?dbwsdemoid=5015846" target="_blank" style="color:#ffffff;font-size:16px;font-family:Arial;font-weight:bold">Mossy Meadow</a></div></div></div><div style="display:inline-block;background-color:#b8c068;border:1px solid #b8c068;width:125px;height:125px;border-radius:20px!important;margin:10px;box-shadow:0 4px 8px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.2),0 6px 20px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.19)"><div style="display:table;width:125px;height:125px"><div style="display:table-cell;vertical-align:middle;text-align:center;padding:5px"><a href="https://www.stampinup.uk/search/Pear Pizzazz?dbwsdemoid=5015846" target="_blank" style="color:#ffffff;font-size:16px;font-family:Arial;font-weight:bold">Pear Pizzazz</a></div></div></div><div style="display:inline-block;background-color:#c91e45;border:1px solid #c91e45;width:125px;height:125px;border-radius:20px!important;margin:10px;box-shadow:0 4px 8px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.2),0 6px 20px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.19)"><div style="display:table;width:125px;height:125px"><div style="display:table-cell;vertical-align:middle;text-align:center;padding:5px"><a href="https://www.stampinup.uk/search/Real Red?dbwsdemoid=5015846" target="_blank" style="color:#ffffff;font-size:16px;font-family:Arial;font-weight:bold">Real Red</a></div></div></div></div>

To assemble:

Adhere the piece of DSP to the card front using Tombow.

<div style="text-align:center"><div style="display:inline-block;background-color:#5c6b2b;border:1px solid #5c6b2b;width:125px;height:125px;border-radius:20px!important;margin:10px;box-shadow:0 4px 8px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.2),0 6px 20px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.19)"><div style="display:table;width:125px;height:125px"><div style="display:table-cell;vertical-align:middle;text-align:center;padding:5px"><a href="https://www.stampinup.uk/search/Mossy Meadow?dbwsdemoid=5015846" target="_blank" style="color:#ffffff;font-size:16px;font-family:Arial;font-weight:bold">Mossy Meadow</a></div></div></div><div style="display:inline-block;background-color:#b8c068;border:1px solid #b8c068;width:125px;height:125px;border-radius:20px!important;margin:10px;box-shadow:0 4px 8px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.2),0 6px 20px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.19)"><div style="display:table;width:125px;height:125px"><div style="display:table-cell;vertical-align:middle;text-align:center;padding:5px"><a href="https://www.stampinup.uk/search/Pear Pizzazz?dbwsdemoid=5015846" target="_blank" style="color:#ffffff;font-size:16px;font-family:Arial;font-weight:bold">Pear Pizzazz</a></div></div></div><div style="display:inline-block;background-color:#c91e45;border:1px solid #c91e45;width:125px;height:125px;border-radius:20px!important;margin:10px;box-shadow:0 4px 8px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.2),0 6px 20px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.19)"><div style="display:table;width:125px;height:125px"><div style="display:table-cell;vertical-align:middle;text-align:center;padding:5px"><a href="https://www.stampinup.uk/search/Real Red?dbwsdemoid=5015846" target="_blank" style="color:#ffffff;font-size:16px;font-family:Arial;font-weight:bold">Real Red</a></div></div></div></div>

Top Tip:

Position the die cut panel onto the card front and lightly mark the aperture with a pencil.  If you are using a patterned paper make sure the pattern is not wonky!

Adhere the die cut panel to the card front using dimensionals.

The sentiment:

I stamped the sentiment with Versamark ink onto the 1cm strip of card and then heat embossed with gold.  Trim to size and adhere with dimensionals.  I used two mini dimensionals; one on each end.

<div style="text-align:center"><div style="display:inline-block;background-color:#5c6b2b;border:1px solid #5c6b2b;width:125px;height:125px;border-radius:20px!important;margin:10px;box-shadow:0 4px 8px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.2),0 6px 20px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.19)"><div style="display:table;width:125px;height:125px"><div style="display:table-cell;vertical-align:middle;text-align:center;padding:5px"><a href="https://www.stampinup.uk/search/Mossy Meadow?dbwsdemoid=5015846" target="_blank" style="color:#ffffff;font-size:16px;font-family:Arial;font-weight:bold">Mossy Meadow</a></div></div></div><div style="display:inline-block;background-color:#b8c068;border:1px solid #b8c068;width:125px;height:125px;border-radius:20px!important;margin:10px;box-shadow:0 4px 8px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.2),0 6px 20px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.19)"><div style="display:table;width:125px;height:125px"><div style="display:table-cell;vertical-align:middle;text-align:center;padding:5px"><a href="https://www.stampinup.uk/search/Pear Pizzazz?dbwsdemoid=5015846" target="_blank" style="color:#ffffff;font-size:16px;font-family:Arial;font-weight:bold">Pear Pizzazz</a></div></div></div><div style="display:inline-block;background-color:#c91e45;border:1px solid #c91e45;width:125px;height:125px;border-radius:20px!important;margin:10px;box-shadow:0 4px 8px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.2),0 6px 20px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.19)"><div style="display:table;width:125px;height:125px"><div style="display:table-cell;vertical-align:middle;text-align:center;padding:5px"><a href="https://www.stampinup.uk/search/Real Red?dbwsdemoid=5015846" target="_blank" style="color:#ffffff;font-size:16px;font-family:Arial;font-weight:bold">Real Red</a></div></div></div></div>

The Finishing touches:

I used a trio of the lovely gilded gems to add a bit of sparkle and draw the eye in to the centre of the card.  

Top Tip:

Adding gems in different sizes adds extra interest!

The Envelope/inside:

Just because the front of the card is plain and simple and, because I am on a mission to use up my DSP I decided to decorate the envelope flap.

Adhere the DSP to the envelope flap using Tombow - the wriggle room is useful!

<div style="text-align:center"><div style="display:inline-block;background-color:#5c6b2b;border:1px solid #5c6b2b;width:125px;height:125px;border-radius:20px!important;margin:10px;box-shadow:0 4px 8px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.2),0 6px 20px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.19)"><div style="display:table;width:125px;height:125px"><div style="display:table-cell;vertical-align:middle;text-align:center;padding:5px"><a href="https://www.stampinup.uk/search/Mossy Meadow?dbwsdemoid=5015846" target="_blank" style="color:#ffffff;font-size:16px;font-family:Arial;font-weight:bold">Mossy Meadow</a></div></div></div><div style="display:inline-block;background-color:#b8c068;border:1px solid #b8c068;width:125px;height:125px;border-radius:20px!important;margin:10px;box-shadow:0 4px 8px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.2),0 6px 20px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.19)"><div style="display:table;width:125px;height:125px"><div style="display:table-cell;vertical-align:middle;text-align:center;padding:5px"><a href="https://www.stampinup.uk/search/Pear Pizzazz?dbwsdemoid=5015846" target="_blank" style="color:#ffffff;font-size:16px;font-family:Arial;font-weight:bold">Pear Pizzazz</a></div></div></div><div style="display:inline-block;background-color:#c91e45;border:1px solid #c91e45;width:125px;height:125px;border-radius:20px!important;margin:10px;box-shadow:0 4px 8px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.2),0 6px 20px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.19)"><div style="display:table;width:125px;height:125px"><div style="display:table-cell;vertical-align:middle;text-align:center;padding:5px"><a href="https://www.stampinup.uk/search/Real Red?dbwsdemoid=5015846" target="_blank" style="color:#ffffff;font-size:16px;font-family:Arial;font-weight:bold">Real Red</a></div></div></div></div>

Trim off excess DSP from the reverse for a neat finish.

<div style="text-align:center"><div style="display:inline-block;background-color:#5c6b2b;border:1px solid #5c6b2b;width:125px;height:125px;border-radius:20px!important;margin:10px;box-shadow:0 4px 8px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.2),0 6px 20px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.19)"><div style="display:table;width:125px;height:125px"><div style="display:table-cell;vertical-align:middle;text-align:center;padding:5px"><a href="https://www.stampinup.uk/search/Mossy Meadow?dbwsdemoid=5015846" target="_blank" style="color:#ffffff;font-size:16px;font-family:Arial;font-weight:bold">Mossy Meadow</a></div></div></div><div style="display:inline-block;background-color:#b8c068;border:1px solid #b8c068;width:125px;height:125px;border-radius:20px!important;margin:10px;box-shadow:0 4px 8px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.2),0 6px 20px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.19)"><div style="display:table;width:125px;height:125px"><div style="display:table-cell;vertical-align:middle;text-align:center;padding:5px"><a href="https://www.stampinup.uk/search/Pear Pizzazz?dbwsdemoid=5015846" target="_blank" style="color:#ffffff;font-size:16px;font-family:Arial;font-weight:bold">Pear Pizzazz</a></div></div></div><div style="display:inline-block;background-color:#c91e45;border:1px solid #c91e45;width:125px;height:125px;border-radius:20px!important;margin:10px;box-shadow:0 4px 8px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.2),0 6px 20px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.19)"><div style="display:table;width:125px;height:125px"><div style="display:table-cell;vertical-align:middle;text-align:center;padding:5px"><a href="https://www.stampinup.uk/search/Real Red?dbwsdemoid=5015846" target="_blank" style="color:#ffffff;font-size:16px;font-family:Arial;font-weight:bold">Real Red</a></div></div></div></div>

I also used a strip of DSP on the inside of the card for a coordinated look

<div style="text-align:center"><div style="display:inline-block;background-color:#5c6b2b;border:1px solid #5c6b2b;width:125px;height:125px;border-radius:20px!important;margin:10px;box-shadow:0 4px 8px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.2),0 6px 20px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.19)"><div style="display:table;width:125px;height:125px"><div style="display:table-cell;vertical-align:middle;text-align:center;padding:5px"><a href="https://www.stampinup.uk/search/Mossy Meadow?dbwsdemoid=5015846" target="_blank" style="color:#ffffff;font-size:16px;font-family:Arial;font-weight:bold">Mossy Meadow</a></div></div></div><div style="display:inline-block;background-color:#b8c068;border:1px solid #b8c068;width:125px;height:125px;border-radius:20px!important;margin:10px;box-shadow:0 4px 8px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.2),0 6px 20px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.19)"><div style="display:table;width:125px;height:125px"><div style="display:table-cell;vertical-align:middle;text-align:center;padding:5px"><a href="https://www.stampinup.uk/search/Pear Pizzazz?dbwsdemoid=5015846" target="_blank" style="color:#ffffff;font-size:16px;font-family:Arial;font-weight:bold">Pear Pizzazz</a></div></div></div><div style="display:inline-block;background-color:#c91e45;border:1px solid #c91e45;width:125px;height:125px;border-radius:20px!important;margin:10px;box-shadow:0 4px 8px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.2),0 6px 20px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.19)"><div style="display:table;width:125px;height:125px"><div style="display:table-cell;vertical-align:middle;text-align:center;padding:5px"><a href="https://www.stampinup.uk/search/Real Red?dbwsdemoid=5015846" target="_blank" style="color:#ffffff;font-size:16px;font-family:Arial;font-weight:bold">Real Red</a></div></div></div></div>

The completed project:

<div style="text-align:center"><div style="display:inline-block;background-color:#5c6b2b;border:1px solid #5c6b2b;width:125px;height:125px;border-radius:20px!important;margin:10px;box-shadow:0 4px 8px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.2),0 6px 20px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.19)"><div style="display:table;width:125px;height:125px"><div style="display:table-cell;vertical-align:middle;text-align:center;padding:5px"><a href="https://www.stampinup.uk/search/Mossy Meadow?dbwsdemoid=5015846" target="_blank" style="color:#ffffff;font-size:16px;font-family:Arial;font-weight:bold">Mossy Meadow</a></div></div></div><div style="display:inline-block;background-color:#b8c068;border:1px solid #b8c068;width:125px;height:125px;border-radius:20px!important;margin:10px;box-shadow:0 4px 8px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.2),0 6px 20px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.19)"><div style="display:table;width:125px;height:125px"><div style="display:table-cell;vertical-align:middle;text-align:center;padding:5px"><a href="https://www.stampinup.uk/search/Pear Pizzazz?dbwsdemoid=5015846" target="_blank" style="color:#ffffff;font-size:16px;font-family:Arial;font-weight:bold">Pear Pizzazz</a></div></div></div><div style="display:inline-block;background-color:#c91e45;border:1px solid #c91e45;width:125px;height:125px;border-radius:20px!important;margin:10px;box-shadow:0 4px 8px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.2),0 6px 20px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.19)"><div style="display:table;width:125px;height:125px"><div style="display:table-cell;vertical-align:middle;text-align:center;padding:5px"><a href="https://www.stampinup.uk/search/Real Red?dbwsdemoid=5015846" target="_blank" style="color:#ffffff;font-size:16px;font-family:Arial;font-weight:bold">Real Red</a></div></div></div></div>

This is just one of the cards I made for my commission; I used up some of my stash of DSP so I was quite pleased!  You could of course also use coloured card behind the aperture.

There are many possibilities with this simple design and lots of ways to step it up a level.  In normal times, this would have been a project to make with the lovely ladies at a local care home.  I really miss my Thursday morning sessions!

I'll be back later this week with another project using In The Pines.  At the time of writing this post, the dies are available with a 50% discount in out Giant Year-End Closeout!

<div style="text-align:center"><div style="display:inline-block;background-color:#5c6b2b;border:1px solid #5c6b2b;width:125px;height:125px;border-radius:20px!important;margin:10px;box-shadow:0 4px 8px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.2),0 6px 20px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.19)"><div style="display:table;width:125px;height:125px"><div style="display:table-cell;vertical-align:middle;text-align:center;padding:5px"><a href="https://www.stampinup.uk/search/Mossy Meadow?dbwsdemoid=5015846" target="_blank" style="color:#ffffff;font-size:16px;font-family:Arial;font-weight:bold">Mossy Meadow</a></div></div></div><div style="display:inline-block;background-color:#b8c068;border:1px solid #b8c068;width:125px;height:125px;border-radius:20px!important;margin:10px;box-shadow:0 4px 8px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.2),0 6px 20px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.19)"><div style="display:table;width:125px;height:125px"><div style="display:table-cell;vertical-align:middle;text-align:center;padding:5px"><a href="https://www.stampinup.uk/search/Pear Pizzazz?dbwsdemoid=5015846" target="_blank" style="color:#ffffff;font-size:16px;font-family:Arial;font-weight:bold">Pear Pizzazz</a></div></div></div><div style="display:inline-block;background-color:#c91e45;border:1px solid #c91e45;width:125px;height:125px;border-radius:20px!important;margin:10px;box-shadow:0 4px 8px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.2),0 6px 20px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.19)"><div style="display:table;width:125px;height:125px"><div style="display:table-cell;vertical-align:middle;text-align:center;padding:5px"><a href="https://www.stampinup.uk/search/Real Red?dbwsdemoid=5015846" target="_blank" style="color:#ffffff;font-size:16px;font-family:Arial;font-weight:bold">Real Red</a></div></div></div></div>

There are many items with fabulous discounts that are only available whilst supplies last so be quick.  Somehow several items jumped into my basket yesterday - I do love a bargain don't you?

Susan xx

Thank you so much for looking at my Blog today, if you don't have a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator and you live in the UK, I would love to be yours!  

If you need to order any supplies, simply use my “shop with me” button or click on the catalogue links on the right. Alternatively, contact me and I would be happy to place an order for you.

If you would like a copy of either of the current Annual Catalogue or the current Mini Catalogue let me know and I will pop one in the post for you.  If you prefer, you can view an online version by clicking the link to the right of this post.  Also, the January - June Mini Catalogue and the Sale-A-Bration Brochure will be available very soon - if you would like a copy, let me know!

Craaftyduckydoodah, Stampin' Up, January - June Mini catalogue, SAB Brochure,

Would you like to receive a FREE gift from me? 
All orders placed directly with me or online receive a handmade card from me as a thank you but did you know that all orders over £20 (excluding postage) will receive a gift from me too?  If you use the current Shopping Code I will pop something in with your order or post directly to you.  (Please remember to allow me to access your contact details otherwise I won't be able to contact you).
If your order is over £150 please don't use the code as you will receive your own Stampin' Rewards. You will still receive a card and a gift from me.

If you are local to me and can collect, I’m happy for you to piggyback one of my orders to save on postage.

Thank you for shopping with me and supporting my business.

Comments

Popular Posts