Stampin' Up! New to Papercrafting? Start here!

Hello, are you a Newbie?  Even the most advanced papercrafter was brand new once too!

I have lots of new ladies join me recently for Coffee & Cards leading up to Christmas and a few of them have asked what they need to get started so, I have compiled a list of basics that will make it easier for you to get started.


  1. A good paper trimmer. I know these come in all sorts of configurations (and prices) but the new Stampin' Trimmer is the paper trimmer that all other trimmers want to be! It's lightweight, portable and specially designed to make stable and straight cuts and score lines.  It enables you to cut cardstock for layering and also to create your own card blanks with ease.
  2. A good regular adhesive.  This is really down to personal preference; I use whatever is suitable for the job in hand.  A good starting point is the Tear and Tape.  I have an excellent technique for using this tape - ask me!  It will help you to accurately mount layers and save you hours of frustration too!  I also use Multipurpose Liquid Glue for small items and for attaching ribbon or buttons I use Mini Glue Dots.
  3. A good pair of scissors like Paper Snips.  I could tell you that you need different pairs of scissors for ribbon (good idea), paper and detailed work but, the truth is if you only ever buy one pair of scissors for papercrafting it should be these.  You need them, get them!
  4. A good way to measure.  You can use other things to protect your table or desk but why not use something that helps you to be a better and more precise papercrafter?  Grid Paper from SU  is a ruler, a note pad, a stamping tester and much more - if you ever come to one of my classes/workshops you will know I ALWAYS use these!
  5. A good way to crease the folds on your cards.  Don't make the mistake of thinking that it is ok to fold cardstock willy nilly.  The SU Bone Folder helps you to easily score and make crisp folds, it scores and burnishes, shapes and distresses cardstock to set your creations apart for others of lesser quality.
So, there you go - 5 items that every papercrafter needs to know about and have.   Are you missing any?  






Comments

Popular Posts