Beauty Abounds - quick & simple
Here are the details for our first project this week using Beauty Abounds.
Using a panel of whisper white card that was cut 5mm smaller than the front of the note card, we embossed one side using one the of the embossing folders from Petal Pair.
The butterflies were cut from whisper white card - there are many to choose from on these extra large dies.
You can see the ones I choose to use above - you need the matching butterflies from both dies for this project.
Using tiny dots of Tombow the two butterflies were carefully glued together.
We then used sponge daubers to add some colour using a combination of swirling and dabbing motions. I love how the colours blend to create extra colour and, you can of course vary the intensity of the colour to create a different look.
We stamped the sentiment (Itty Bitty Birthdays) onto a scrap of card 1cm and trimmed off the word 'you'. We then used some Bermuda Bay card and the 'YOU' die that is from the Celebrate You Thinlites.
The butterfly has been adhered using Tombow down the length of the body only. The wings have been shaped slightly to give dimension and a sense of movement.
The Sentiments have been adhered with offcuts left over from the mini dimensional sheets!
The inside of the card and the envelope have as usual, been stamped to coordinate. I think this tiny trio of splodges is a new favourite of mine!
Here is the completed card and envelope.
I love everything about this card - I knew as soon as I saw it on Pinterest that I would have to make a version myself! Thanks again to Lauren for providing the inspiration - I hope you approve of the changes I made to your design. (You can find a link to Lauren's card in my previous post).
I have two further C & C sessions this week, if you would like to join me to make this card and another project, you can all find the details here. Don't forget that if you place a £25 plus order on Thursday you can craft for free!
Details of the products I used for this project can be found below.
Hope you can join me for a crafty coffee soon.
Susan xx
Using a panel of whisper white card that was cut 5mm smaller than the front of the note card, we embossed one side using one the of the embossing folders from Petal Pair.
The butterflies were cut from whisper white card - there are many to choose from on these extra large dies.
You can see the ones I choose to use above - you need the matching butterflies from both dies for this project.
Using tiny dots of Tombow the two butterflies were carefully glued together.
We then used sponge daubers to add some colour using a combination of swirling and dabbing motions. I love how the colours blend to create extra colour and, you can of course vary the intensity of the colour to create a different look.
We stamped the sentiment (Itty Bitty Birthdays) onto a scrap of card 1cm and trimmed off the word 'you'. We then used some Bermuda Bay card and the 'YOU' die that is from the Celebrate You Thinlites.
The butterfly has been adhered using Tombow down the length of the body only. The wings have been shaped slightly to give dimension and a sense of movement.
The Sentiments have been adhered with offcuts left over from the mini dimensional sheets!
The inside of the card and the envelope have as usual, been stamped to coordinate. I think this tiny trio of splodges is a new favourite of mine!
Here is the completed card and envelope.
I love everything about this card - I knew as soon as I saw it on Pinterest that I would have to make a version myself! Thanks again to Lauren for providing the inspiration - I hope you approve of the changes I made to your design. (You can find a link to Lauren's card in my previous post).
I have two further C & C sessions this week, if you would like to join me to make this card and another project, you can all find the details here. Don't forget that if you place a £25 plus order on Thursday you can craft for free!
Details of the products I used for this project can be found below.
Hope you can join me for a crafty coffee soon.
Susan xx
Thank you so much for looking at my Blog today, if you don't have a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator and you live in the UK, I would love to be yours!
If you need to order any supplies, simply use my “shop with me” button or click on the catalogue links on the right. Alternatively, contact me and I would be happy to place an order for you.
If you need to order any supplies, simply use my “shop with me” button or click on the catalogue links on the right. Alternatively, contact me and I would be happy to place an order for you.
If you would like copies of any of the current catalogues let me know and I will pop them in the post for you. If you prefer, you can view online versions by clicking the links to the right of this post.
Would you like to receive a FREE gift from me?
Would you like to receive a FREE gift from me?
All orders placed directly with me or online receive a handmade card from me as a thank you but did you know that all orders over £20 (excluding postage) will receive a gift from me too? If you use the current Hostess Code I will pop something in with your order or post directly to you. (Please remember to allow me to access your contact details otherwise I won't be able to contact you).
If your order is over £150 please don't use the code as you will receive your own Stampin' Rewards. You will still receive a card and a gift from me.
If you are local to me and can collect, I’m happy for you to piggyback one of my orders to save on postage.
If you have any questions, I’m happy to help. You can email me susan_merrey@yahoo.co.uk or telephone 07905 403 823.
Thank you for shopping with me and supporting my business!
Thank you for shopping with me and supporting my business!















Comments
Post a Comment