Snowman Season - Gift Card Holder #1

Here are the details for our first project this week using a stamp set called Snowman Season.  

Gift card holders are so useful at this time of year and this one is fairly quick to make.


Take a piece of card, I used Flirty Flamingo, measuring 9.5cm x 21cm.  Score at 5.5cm, 8cm, 10.5 cm and 17 cm.  I used my corner rounder punch on the top flap.  Crease the folds as shown below.


These little gift card holders have been around for a while and I have seen several tutorials on Pinterest showing different versions.  Most of them favour cutting two slits to hold the gift card.  

However, I like an easy life so I used the Classic Label Punch instead.  I made a mark with a pencil one square from each end aligning with my grid paper.  Punch on the fold using the marks as a guideline.  I placed the punch half way on the fold.  You will need to punch twice.  

Craftyduckydoodah!, Snowman Season Bundle, Gift Card Holder, Susan Simpson UK Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, Christmas 2019, Supplies available 24/7 from my online store,

At this point, make sure the slot you have punched is the right size for a gift card.  If not, adjust by punching again at each end.  I then used some thin red line tape on each side to hold the slot firmly together.

Now you can decorate.  I used the following pieces:

Flirty Flamingo card 9 cm x 3.5 cm*, 9 cm x 6 cm and 2 pieces 9cm x 5cm.

Whisper White card 8.5 cm x 4.5 cm

DSP 8.5 cm x 3cm*, 8.5 cm x 4.5 cm and 8.5 x 5.5cm

* If you wish to decorate the top flap on the inside and the outside you will need to cut two of these pieces.  

I also used the corner rounder again on the smaller top panels of card and DSP.

Top Tip
Take care to check that your DSP is the right way up before punching the corners!

I used Coastal Cabana and Flirty Flamingo ink to decorate the whisper white panel.  All the panels have been adhered with Tombow.


Craftyduckydoodah!, Snowman Season Bundle, Gift Card Holder, Susan Simpson UK Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, Christmas 2019, Supplies available 24/7 from my online store,

Using Momento ink, stamp a snowman onto a piece of whisper white card and punch out.  The nose has been coloured with the dark Pumpkin Pie blend.  Using a scrap of black card, punch two hands and a hat, adhere with Tombow.

Craftyduckydoodah!, Snowman Season Bundle, Gift Card Holder, Susan Simpson UK Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, Christmas 2019, Supplies available 24/7 from my online store,

I used a couple of dimensionals on the bottom section of the snowman to adhere him to the front of the wallet.  This allows the top panel to tuck behind the snowman and act as a closure.

Here is the completed gift card holder.  I decorated the flap of a notecard envelope with some stamped snowflakes using Coastal Cabana ink.

Craftyduckydoodah!, Snowman Season Bundle, Gift Card Holder, Susan Simpson UK Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, Christmas 2019, Supplies available 24/7 from my online store,

The little wallets are really useful and can be made to suit most occasions.  You could also create a little belly band as a closure.

Here is another version I made using Real Red card and DSP.

Craftyduckydoodah!, Snowman Season Bundle, Gift Card Holder, Susan Simpson UK Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, Christmas 2019, Supplies available 24/7 from my online store,

My final Coffee & Cards session this week is on Thursday afternoon - you can find the details HERE.  Why not join me to make a version of this project and another one?  Don't forget to let me know you are coming so I can prepare a kit for you!  

I hope the instructions above make sense, if not please get in touch.  Note to self, find time to investigate making video tutorials.  I'm sure they will be much easier when it comes to explaining projects like this!

Susan xx

Thank you so much for looking at my Blog today, if you don't have a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator and you live in the UK, I would love to be yours!  

If you need to order any supplies, simply use my “shop with me” button or click on the catalogue links on the right. Alternatively, contact me and I would be happy to place an order for you.


If you would like copies of either of the current catalogues let me know and I will pop them in the post for you.  If you prefer, you can view online versions by clicking the links to the right of this post.  


Would you like to receive a FREE gift from me? 
All orders placed directly with me or online receive a handmade card from me as a thank you but did you know that all orders over £20 (excluding postage) will receive a gift from me too?  If you use the current Hostess Code I will pop something in with your order or post directly to you.  (Please remember to allow me to access your contact details otherwise I won't be able to contact you).


If your order is over £150 please don't use the code as you will receive your own Stampin' Rewards.  You will still receive a card and a gift from me.


If you are local to me and can collect, I’m happy for you to piggyback one of my orders to save on postage.


If you have any questions, I’m happy to help.  You can email me susan_merrey@yahoo.co.uk or telephone 07905 403 823.

Thank you for shopping with me and supporting my business!






Comments

Popular Posts